- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) coarse salt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) black pepper
- 12 to 15 lb. (5.5 to 7 kg) whole turkey, fully defrosted if frozen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, combine the fat from the roasting pan and flour. Cook, stirring to eliminate any lumps, for just a minute or two. Whisk in turkey juices, broth or whatever liquid you're using and cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens. Let simmer over low heat, whisking occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes. Serve hot.